this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install TWRP recovery and root the Xiaomi Mi 8 easily.
Xiaomi Mi 8 is the company's mainstay in 2018 and is the successor to Mi 6. last year. Powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset, it displays a 6.21 ″ 1080 x 2248 screen, 6 GB RAM, and is available in 64/128 / 256 GB storage options. As with most Xiaomi devices, the development community is fast enough to start working on it as soon as the device is launched. And thanks to L.R. Wzsx150 team members, we have TWRP recovery that works well for Xiaomi Mi 8. And credit for XDA gulp79 Senior Members for porting the same English version.
With the availability of TWRP recovery, you can now easily root your phone. So, we have compiled a practical guide on how to install TWRP recovery and Xiaomi Mi 8 Root.
Rooting Xiaomi Mi 8 is a 3-step process, as is the case with almost every modern Xiaomi device. This basically involves - (1) Unlocking the bootloader, (2) Flashing TWRP recovery, and finally (3) Flashing Magisk through TWRP to root.
- First and foremost, ensure that you take a full backup of all the data on your phone. This includes messages, contacts, and everything else that you feel necessary. We also have a tutorial that will help you backup your data with ease.
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi 8’s battery to at least 70% to avoid any shutdown during the process.
- Enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device ‘Settings’ -> ‘About phone’. Then tap on the ‘MIUI version’ continuously until ‘You are now a developer!’ message appears on the screen.
- Also, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Aditional settings’ and tap on ‘Developer options’. Scroll down and enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ toggle.
- Make sure to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d like a simpler approach, then you can use Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Before you go to the instructions and root of the Xiaomi Mi 8, make sure to meet all the requirements mentioned above.
TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8:
For Android Pie:wrp-18.104.22.168.-dipper.img
For Android Oreo:
Forced Encryption Disabler: Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip
Latest Magisk Installer zip: Magisk-v17.1.zip (More details and changelog)
How to Install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi 8
- Download the TWRP recovery image and transfer it to the C: / adb binary ADB / fastboot folder.
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi 8 completely.
- Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to a PC while in Fastboot mode.
- Open C: / adb on the PC, where you copied the TWRP image. Then hold down the SHIFT key and right-click on the empty space in the folder.
- Select 'Open the PowerShell window here'.
- Enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-22.214.171.124.-dipper.img
- Now it is important to boot to TWRP first before you can boot into the OS. Use the following command to boot the Xiaomi Mi 8 directly into TWRP mode:
- fastboot boot twrp-126.96.36.199.-dipper.img
- Your phone should now be in TWRP recovery mode. Go ahead and follow the steps below to root Xiaomi Mi
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 8
On TWRP screen, tap on the ‘Keep Read Only’ button to not allow system modifications.
Go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Format Data’. Type ‘yes’ in the field to confirm wiping of data and hit Enter. This will completely erase all the data on the device.
- Go back to the TWRP home screen, then tap on ‘Reboot’, and then on ‘Recovery’.
- Next, download the Forced Encryption Disabler and Magisk Installer zip files.
- Connect your Mi 8 to the PC using the USB cable.
- In TWRP, go to ‘Mount’ and press the ‘Enable MTP’ button.
- Copy the downloaded files to the phone’s internal storage
- Tap on ‘Install’ and select the ‘Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip‘ file. Then swipe to confirm the installation.
- Now once encryption is disabled on the phone, you can go ahead and install Magisk to root.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on ‘Install’ again and select the ‘Magisk-v17.1.zip‘ file.
Finally, swipe to confirm the installation and root Xiaomi Mi 8.
Once the installation is complete, tap the ‘Reboot System’ button and let the device reboot.
After rebooting, set it like a new device. You now have to see Magisk Manager between your applications. That's it. You must now have full root access on the Xiaomi Mi 8. If you want to verify whether your device has been successfully rooting, download and run the Root Checker application from the Play Store.
After installing TWRP, you can now flash special packages / ZIP files that can be flashed on your cellphone, or use them as a full backup / restore OS. On the other hand, root gives you the ability to run applications that are rooted, install and use mods like ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos and more.
We hope you find our step-by-step guide on how to Install TWRP recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 8 useful. If you have questions or face any problems during the process, don't hesitate to let us know through the comments section below, and we will do our best to help you. Enjoy your Xiaomi Mi 8 which is rooting now!
Also Read More :
- Download OnePlus 5 and 5T STOCK ROM OxygenOS Versi Beta 18 and 16 added!
- Guide To Install Google Dialer For OnePlus 5 Contacts Also Included
- How To Enable Native Call Recording IN OxygenOS [Root/Non-Root]
- SCREEN Burn-in FiXES: Xiaomi Mi A1 and Redmi Note 4
- Download Exclusive Theme For EMUI 8.0 Devices Sony Xperia XZ2
- XIAOMI Mi8 Screen Fingerprint Version Releasing on 21st September
- How To Guide Lock 4G Only or LTE Only On Samsung without Root
- Download MOTO Apps Launcher 8.1 APK For Any Android Device
- How TO Install TWRP Galaxy J3 2017 Recovery on and Root the Device
- Download Wallpapers Google Pixel 3 and Live Wallpapers
- Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root HOMTOM S16 With MTK Flash Tool
- How To Unlock Bootloader Samsung Phones – Chinese Qualcomm and Exynos Variant
- Profiler is a free, lightweight monitor for CPU, GPU, RAM, and more
- How To Install TWRP And ROOT Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T835/T830)
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500 and Root your Phone
- Download Wallpapers OnePlus 6T Stock FHD 4K Resolution
- Donwload Music Player Huawei APK ver 188.8.131.523 Works Online Music
- Download Google Pixel 3 camera for every Android device (night sight)
- Donwload Samsung One UI Stock Wallpapers in HIGH Resolution
- Latest GB Instagtam 1.60 APK Mod For Android With New Features
- Donwload Christmas Substratum Theme For Android This Festive Season
- Download Qualcomm Snapdragon camera & Gallery Apps (update news 2018)
- Donwload Exclusive Wallpapers Vivo X21S in HIGH Resolution Full HD
- Download Wallpapers Xiaomi Mi A2, A2 Lite in FULL HD Resolution