Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500. TWRP recovery is considered as one of the important contributions of the active developer community owned by Android. This open-source custom recovery is widely used throughout the world. TWRP Recovery helps install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
If you are here, then you might be wondering how to install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500. You just follow the guidelines given here. After you install, you can flash Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let's understand what TWRP Recovery is and their benefits.
Speaking of specifications, Blackview BV9500 features a 5.7-inch IPS screen with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 Pixels. This is supported by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T, a 64-bit Processor that is combined with 4GB RAM. This phone packs 64GB of internal memory with 128GB of storage support that can be upgraded via a microSD card. The Blackview BV9500 camera comes with a 12MP + 0.3MP dual rear camera with dual-tone dual-LED flash and a 13MP front camera for selfie. This is powered by a Non-Removable 10,000mAh Lithium-Ion BAK with 12V / 2A Wireless Charging. Blackview BV9500 also has a fingerprint sensor.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP is short for TeamWin Recovery Project which is a custom open-based and open source recovery for Android devices. This is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root Android devices in just a few simple steps.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.
Benefits of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROMs in Blackview BV9500 using TWRP
- You can flash a modding zip file to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Zip recovery that can be plugged in SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Blackview BV9500
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore Nandroid backup.
- You can flash image files using TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clear Delete, Cache, and Data.
Steps for Installing TWRP Recovery in Blackview BV9500
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV9500, so don't try the same recovery image on other devices. Before flashing recovery, read and install the necessary drivers and software on your PC.
- This recovery is only supported for Blackview BV9500.
- You must have a PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your mobile at least 50%.
- Download and install the latest Blackview USB Driver on your PC / Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download SP Flash Tool Software
- Download the VCOM driver - Install the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader key on any MediaTek device.
- Take a complete backup just in case you need it later
How to Root Blackview BV9500:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Blackview BV9500 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let's understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn't mean hacking. So please don't compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Blackview BV9500, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don't worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
You can get access to all files on your Blackview BV9500, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
You can increase the performance of your Blackview BV9500 by overclocking.
By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Blackview BV9500.
Uninstall Bloatware on Blackview BV9500.
You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
By Rooting Blackview BV9500, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Blackview BV9500 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.