Finally, Nokia 6.1 Twrp recovery is officially available for download and made by xda forum members. This phone is only available in the Chinese, Asian and European markets, but many people buy it from Chinese e-commerce websites like Aliexpress, gearbest. Chinese version Nokia 6.1 (aka X6) comes without Google Service and Google play store the only way to install gapps on Nokia 6.1 is through TWRP Recovery. In this post, we will show you how to install TWRP on Nokia 6.1 and how to root Nokia 6.1.
Rooting Pro and Cons
After Rooting Nokia 6.1 You can modify your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing the warranty will cancel after rooting the device. Here are some of the benefits of Rooting, you can delete stock bloatware, System Apps after Rooting the device. Change fonts and themes, customize cellphones by installing the root application, Mod devices with magisk modules and more. Also, you can hide root access on certain applications with the help of Magisk Systemless App. Let's start the guide.
How to Root Nokia 6.1 Oreo
The only way to Root Nokia 6.1 through Magisk is because SuperSu stops their application deployment and SuperSu 2.82 doesn't support Oreo. So you need the latest Magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is open the bootloader key. You can unlock the bootloader with the Nokia Unlock Bootloader Guide.
- Nokia X6, Nokia 6.1, Nokia 6 2018
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Applications, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device to install interruptions.
- Install ADB-FASTBOOT Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fast boot mode.
- Open the Nokia 6.1 bootloader lock ⇒ How to Unlock the Nokia Bootloader Phone.
- Download TWRP and Latest-Fastboot Reading Tool Readings Guide.
Download TWRP for Nokia 6.1 and Root Files, ADB Tool, Gapps
- ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
- Unofficial TWRP ⇒ Xda Forum Thread
- Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
- Gapps (Chinese variant only) ⇒ open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180826.zip
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1
1. First, read the Prerequisites for opening a bootloader, Download ADB & fast boot, and Recovery TWRP.
- Download the TWRP file as a security patch version of your device software and change its name to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to TWRP PC copy file to ADB & fast boot folder.
3. Now open the promote command to ADB & fastboot folder by holding Shift + Mouse Right-click and type commands one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode, or you can do manually by hold Volume Down + Power key together.
fastboot boot recovery.img
4. This command will install and boot TWRP recovery for temporarily go to the root process after booting the device to TWRP.
How To Root Nokia 6.1 on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Download Magsik zip and Magsik Manager Apk file Copy both files to internal storage or SD via MTP.
4. In TWRP Select Language English, Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
5. Go to Wipe and Do Wipe Data.
6. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
7. Back and reboot the device.
8. Install Magsik Manager Apk and Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check.