OnePlus 6 is already running on Android Pie Open Beta 2. If you don't like Open Beta 2 OxygenOS on your OnePlus 6, you can choose LineageOS 16. Yes, you hear it correctly. LineageOS 16 is now available for OnePlus 6. Although ROM is still in its early stages, almost all of its main features work well. Custom ROM LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6 comes directly as a daily driver. Because it is very easy to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery on OnePlus 6, installing a custom ROM on this phone is also one of the least painful processes. OnePlus 6 owners can follow the steps given in this guide to download Android Pie on OnePlus 6 via LineageOS 16.
OnePlus 6 Flashback
OnePlus 6 was launched in May this year. This phone is equipped with a 6.28-inch Optical AMOLED screen. This screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The OnePlus 6 screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. OnePlus has used the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 CPU on this phone. This SoC is paired with the Adreno 630 GPU.
OnePlus 6 comes with 6GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage or 8GB of RAM with 128 / 256GB of internal storage. It has a dual camera module on the back with a 16MP shooter and another 20MP shooter. On the front, he has a single 16MP shooter planted in his famous position. OnePlus 6 comes with Face Unlock and also has a fingerprint scanner installed behind. It has a 3,300 mAh battery. The phone runs Android Oreo outside the box. A few days ago, OnePlus launched Open Beta 1 based on Android Pie. Open Beta 2 is also available now.
LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 6
If you don't know about LineageOS 16, this is the most popular custom ROM available for a number of Android smartphones. The LineageOS 16 is based on Android Pie. The official version of LineageOS 16 hasn't come out yet. Unofficial versions have been released for some smartphones including OnePlus 6.
ROM for OnePlus 6 only has one function that doesn't work. Color calibration settings do not work at this time. All other features include RIL, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Audio & Video Playback, NFC, Fingerprint Scanner, and others running smoothly in this ROM.
Now that we are moving towards the steps to install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6, remember that no matter how stable this ROM is, it's still a special ROM. Those of you who already have a custom ROM experience in the past will find it easy to install and handle this ROM. Beginners must pay extra attention to the steps given below to avoid situations that are not possible.
Download Android Pie on OnePlus 6 via LineageOS 16 Custom ROM
- This ROM is only for the OnePlus 6.
- Charge your OnePlus 6 up to at least 50% before flashing LineageOS 16.
- Backup each and everything from your OnePlus 6.
- Use OEM Data Cable to connect OnePlus 6 to the computer when needed.
Gapps for Android Pie LineageOS 16
Latest Lineage-16.0.xxxx.zip file
Copy both the files to your OnePlus 6.
Steps for installing LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your mobile.
- Also, make sure that you have copied the file after installing TWRP.
- Lower your OnePlus 6.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to boot to TWRP.
- In TWRP now, click Install> Install Zip> Locate and select the Lineage-16.xxxx.zip file. Slide the screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash Gapps for Android Pie.
- Finally, return to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe> Advanced Wipe> Select Cache & Dalvik Cache> Slide the screen to delete.
- After wiping, reboot your OnePlus 6 into the system. All completed.
That's all with the installation of LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6. If the ROM installation is wrong, you can flash the stock ROM on your cellphone at any time.