Custom Playback Tutorial TWRP Flashing for Mi 6X (wayne)
- Download the following archive: TWRP_Xiaomi_Mi_6X_wayne.zip
- Extract the downloaded file. Then go to the "Root" folder, select the appropriate root method and move an archive (supersu.zip or magisk.zip) to the phone's internal memory.
- Start your device in fastboot mode (press and hold the "Volume Down" and "Power" buttons at the same time). After the device is run on fastboot, connect it to a PC via a USB cable.
- Start the file "flash_twrp.bat" and press "Enter" several times. TWRP will be installed automatically and your device will reboot in the TWRP main menu.
- Now allow modification of the system partition with swipe.
- In the main menu, tap "Install" and select "SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip" or "Magisk-v16.4.zip" to root your Mi 6X (select the one you want) , swipe right to confirm installation.
- Press "Reboot system", after that your cellphone will reboot and start with root access enabled.
If TWRP Custom Recovery asks you to enter a password - that means you have encrypted the data partition on your device. The only solution is formatting. Click "Cancel"> select "Delete" and click the "Data format" button, then type "Yes" to confirm. Note, that if you are going to format the "Data" partition, all of your phone's internal memory and your personal files will be deleted, so make sure you all need a backup.
Another thing that you must pay attention to carefully is if you allow modification of the system partition, you must, I repeat, you must install the SuperSU or Magisk archive. Otherwise your cellphone will jam on the startup logo. If you forget to install one of the root tools, you can do this later, just reboot TWRP again. Good luck!