AdwCleaner developed by Xplode is a simple and portable small application that does not require hard installation. The application itself is more than 500KB and may be easier to use than any alternative you have ever tried. It works on 32 and 64-bit versions of XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
Sometimes, freeware seems too good for free. It comes at a cost that you may not realize. Many applications are wrapped in a secondary installer that tries to get all sorts of crapware on your computer. The author of the software you originally installed can make a lot of money by bundling the toolbar and the homepage hijacks in the installation process. It's a mess, but that's how "free" works. The best way to avoid this problem is to be careful during the installation process. Sometimes, they pass even the best of us. AdwCleaner can help you remove other adware or junkware.
Using AdwCleaner is very simple, you just have to download the program and run it. When the program is tarted you will see a screen containing the Search and Delete buttons. The Search button will cause AdwCleaner to search your computer for unwanted programs such as adware or other junkware-related programs and AdwCleaner will display a log that displays various files, folders, and registry entries modified by adware or other software.
To remove this adware or other junkware related program just click on the Delete button, which will cause AdwCleaner to reboot your computer and delete files and registry entries related to various adware or other junkware that you deleted. When rebooting, AdwCleaner will display a log that shows the deleted files, folders and registry entries, this log will also be stored on your system drive.
Why do you care about this information? You should Look at what is found on your system and ask yourself how it happened there. Examine the names on Google and try to arrive at conclusions. Maybe you will find that your system is infected further than you ever thought. Good for learning from your mistakes.
How To Use AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner (from this link) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten
- Your desktop icon will disappear, this is normal so don't worry about that.
- Press OK when prompted to close all programs and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after restarting, double-click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to delete AdwCleaner from your computer.
Please note that Avira Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you delete the ASK Toolbar using Adwcleaner, Avira Webguard will no longer function properly on your system. Therefore, if you use this program, please use the instructions below to access the options screen where you must enable / DisableAskDetections before using AdwCleaner.AdwCleaner also contains several advanced options that disable certain detection. To access this option, you can click the question mark (?) In the upper left corner of the program and then click Options. You will then be presented with a dialog where you can deactivate various detections. These options are explained below:
- /DisableAskDetection – This option disables Ask Toolbar detection.
- /DisableIEDetection – This option disables Internet Explorer specific detections.
- /DisableFFDetection – This option disables Firefox specific detections.
- /DisableChromeDetection – This option disables detections for Chrome & Chromium based browsers.
- /DisableOperaDetection – This option disables Opera specific detections.
- /DisableProxyDetection – This option disables Internet Proxy detections.
Incoming search keyword terms:
- how to use adwcleaner
- How To Guide Use adwCleaner
- AdwCleaner exe
- adwcleaner safe
- adwcleaner how to use
- adwcleaner by xplode
- is adwcleaner safe
- adwcleaner review
- using adwcleaner
- what is adwcleaner
- is adwcleaner safe to use
- adwcleaner xplode
- how to run adwcleaner
- adwcleaner anleitung
- adw cleaner