If you find that your Xiaomi smartphone that is not restrained suddenly becomes loud, don't worry. Follow these steps to try and restore your Xiaomi Mi 5X to a non-deceived version.
There are two main reasons why your Xiaomi Mi 5X smartphone might be hard.
The first cause may be because your phone is bricked because the bootloader is locked, which might happen if there is a Custom ROM installed on your device.
The second cause may be that you have installed another bootloader separate from the original Oxygen bootloader.
Unbricking If You Have a Locked Bootloader
Luckily, if your phone is bricking because the bootloader is locked, you can still access fastboot mode on your device.
To access fastboot mode, start by turning off your device. Then press the "Power" and "Volume Down" buttons simultaneously. Keep pressing until the logo for fastboot appears on the screen of your device.
Once you enter fastboot mode, use the MiUnlock tool to unlock the official bootloader. Once your bootloader is unlocked, the root of your problem should be removed and your phone no longer needs to be bricked.
Not twisted with Mi 5x Oxygen Problems
If your bricking problem comes from a problem with Oxygen, all you need to do is return the Oxygen on your device.
How to restore oxygen
- Download the unbrick oxygen bootloader
- Open the download package in the new folder.
- Install the MiFlash tool (latest version) on your computer from this link: http://xiaomitips.com/download/miui-rom-flashing-tool/
- Look for the test point on the back panel of your phone and disconnect the battery.
- Plug the USB cable into your cellphone, but do not plug it into your computer.
- Connect the test point, then connect USB to your computer.
- Follow this path:
Device manager> find your device (could be "COM-port" or "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008")> start MiFlash tool> Select> archive bohor> Refresh
- Your COM port will now appear on the list.
- Press the flash key. This will start the installation.
- Wait until your device notifies you that the process has been "successful".
- Disconnect your smartphone and reconnect the battery. Turn off and reboot.
Device Still Petrified?
If neither of these methods works for you, you may have deeper internal problems. Contact support to try to identify and troubleshoot.