Finally, users in Canada with the A520W Galaxy A5 2017 can enjoy the official Android 8.0 Oreo. This update is now rolled out directly in Canada for all users including Bell, Roger, Telus, Virgin, Videotron, Sasktel and more. The software version of the device now moves to A520WVLU2CRF2. It's based on Samsung Experience 9.0 as previous Oreo updates. The level of security patches has been upgraded to March 2018.
Before we go into the upgradation process, let's talk about the specs. Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in August 2017. This phone comes with a 6.30 inch touch screen with a resolution of 1440 pixels with 2960 pixels. It runs on a 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy A5 2017 presents a 12 megapixel main camera on the back and an 8 megapixel camera on the front..
What's in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Insta app compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
How to Check Software Update Manually?
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the Canada Galaxy A5 2017 Android Oreo update with build number A520WVLU2CRF2.
Simply Go to device Settings -> About Phone -> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery.
- Check that your device has enough storage to download and install updates.
- select a Wi-Fi or 4G connection to download the software update for Note 8.
Download A520WVLU2CRF2 Canada Galaxy A5 2017 Android Oreo Update
Your own device automatically captures the OTA when it is available. We mention the steps above. In addition, you can also download and install the Oreo firmware manually.
Expired Link. New Links coming soon.
Here is the active firmware link for downloading Android Oreo stable Galaxy A5 2017 A520WVLU2CRF2. This firmware must be downloaded and installed manually
Steps to Install Oreo firmware for Canada Galaxy A5 2017
The guide is simple and easy. So before installing the firmware, make sure you have the proper firmware downloaded. Also, read the instructions for installing the firmware
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the necessary software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and DRIVER:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install the Samsung USB Driver
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the necessary firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% - 70% Battery.
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data if something goes wrong (This process will not lose your data).
- You must Sign in to Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps correctly.
- GetDroidTips will not be liable for any damage to your device.
Also Read More :
- Xiaomi Mi 6X (Mi A2) with dual camera to launch in China today: Here's what you need to know
- Download Game Android Ludo STAR 1.0.29 Hacked APK – Unlimited COINS 2018
- HOW TO INSTALL AMAZON FIRE TV REMOTE APPLICATIONS
- Download Lenovo K5 Note 2018 Stock Wallpapers In UHD Resolution
- Free Download Doopro P5 Stock Wallpapers In High Resolution FUll HD