FireStick comes with a physical remote. However, the Amazon Fire TV Remote app can be useful in more ways than one. First, I can use it as a remote backup. The physical remote quickly drains the battery. If I do not have a spare battery, I can use the Remote app. Secondly, this app lets you use your smartphone or tablet keypad to type in FireStick devices. This makes typing easy, especially when I use it with Jailbroken Fire Stick. I do not have to worry about navigating to each character and clicking it separately on the FireStick keyboard on the screen. In this article, we will learn to install and use Amazon Fire TV Remote application.
HOW TO INSTALL AMAZON FIRE TV REMOTE APPLICATIONS
The FireStick remote app is available on iOS and Android through the official app store. This app works on a variety of devices including the latest iPhone, iPad, flagship Android phone, and more.
Here is how you can get it:
- Go to the mobile platform app store you're using (Apple App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android)
- Select the search function and type: Amazon Fire TV Remote App. You may not need to type an entire keyword. You might also search with 'TV Api app'
- Download and install the app by following the instructions on the screen
HOW TO START WITH FIRE TV APPLICATIONS
- It does not take much time to understand how the Remote TV Fire app works. But, I need a little time to find out. If you know a thing or two beforehand, you'll save on the small hassle I experience and save time as well.
- The first thing you want to make sure is that the two devices you have installed Remote and FireStick apps connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Here's what you need to do.
- Sign in to the FireStick app using the same Amazon account as your FireStick device: Yes, to pair the app with FireStick, both have to sign in with the same Amazon account. When you start the app for the first time, tap the 'Sign in' option on the home screen and enter your Amazon account login credentials.
- I used some Amazon accounts and forgot what I used to log in to FireStick. If that's where you're stuck too, you can easily find out which Amazon account you use with that device. All you need to do is go to Settings in your FireStickhomescreen and then open 'My Account'. Here, you'll find your Amazon account details.
- This app will also automatically pair itself with FireStick. You may feel a brief vibration when the pair is formed. If the pair does not happen automatically, just tap your FireStick name on the application screen.
HOW TO USE THE FIRE TV REMOTE APP
- Remote applications are very similar to your physical remote but with some additional features. The bottom of the app layout is the same as the physical remote with 6 buttons.
- The navigation buttons and Select buttons on the physical remote, however, have been replaced by touchpads such as the interface on the Remote TV Fire app. To navigate, slide your finger across the touchpad from left to right (or right to left) and top to bottom (or bottom to top). Tap the touchpad once to open a select item.
- The best thing about remote applications is you can type Fire TV / FireStick directly from your phone. This makes typing much easier, especially when you have a URL or long text to include. To bring up the mobile keypad, tap the 'keyboard' icon at the top right of the app interface.