The Always On Display on Samsung devices is getting better, all thanks to Samsung for AMOLED displays
The Always On Display on Samsung devices shows important information like clock and calendar, pending notifications, no. missed calls and all messages without draining a large amount of battery power. But how? All thanks to Samsung for their beautiful, power-saving AMOLED display. In the smartphone industry, the AMOLED screen is unmatched by other current display technologies, dots.
AMOLED, the complete display technology. Period.
There is no denying the fact that when it comes to smartphone screens, AMOLED is the best hands down today available. Whether technology fans, gadget nicks or regular users, all will remain in the fact that I just mentioned above. The contrast ratio on the AMOLED display is unmatched by other display technologies for smartphones, whether it's LCD, LED-backlit LCD or IGZO for some names. Now, talking about contrast ratio, let me break it down for you again in a few words by this article. Again, I mean that I have discussed it in the form of one of my previous articles on AMOLED Wallpaper application for Android, so point to a particular article to know more.
Time and again, I have mentioned, AMOLED > any type of LCD
The AMOLED screen does not use a backlight in the sense that each pixel containing a minute organic LED emits its own light (dying when displaying something black and further helping to achieve an infinite contrast ratio) when an electric current is applied. Instead, the LCD screen requires a backlight (conventional LED) behind the liquid crystal panel to be able to display the image (it can not turn off individual pixels and as a result, falls short in the contrast ratio department).
Samsung Clockface app gets you new Always On Display/Lock screen clock design or faces (Samsung devices running stock Oreo 8.0+)
The Good Lock app brings new ways to interact with your Samsung device and also gives you an idea of what to expect from Samsung as far as their sense of the upcoming Android P update.
Now, courtesy of APKMirror.com, we have come across an app developed by Samsung (eventually may also get integrated into the Good Lock app in the future) called Samsung Clockface which aims to bring over 27 new clock faces and styles to the AOD and lock screen clock. Follow the instructions below on how to install the app and get the new clock faces.
How to install Always on Display Clock Faces on Samsung Devices
1. First and foremost, head into Settings > About Phone > Software information to make sure your Samsung device is running Oreo 8.0.0 or higher along with Samsung Experience version 9.0.
2. Install Samsung Clockface app through APKMirror.com
3. This is a very important step to ensure the Always On Display application is updated to the latest version. Open the app drawer on your device and Launch Galaxy Apps (mostly in the Samsung folder). Tap the three-dot button located at the top right corner and select My Apps> Update, then update Always On Display to the latest version, if available.
4. Head over to Settings > Lock screen (Lock screen and security on some devices) > Clock style (Clock and FaceWidgets on some devices).
5. Next, you will be able to select the default AOD or Lock screen clock faces. To access the newly installed clock faces, just scroll all the way to the right to reach the last option (a clock icon), tap the icon and now you have the newly installed clock faces at your disposal.
6. Once you've selected one of your favorites, make sure you tap Apply in the top right corner, then tap Done to make sure it's applied.
There he is. Enjoy the new clock design. As always chime in the comments to tell your experience and get it with this new app by Samsung that allows the display of new face clocks on Display / Screen lock.