This guide explains how to remove the Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-BHI7N09 hard drive for replacement.
Step 1 Back Panel
- Flip the laptop over to the back panel, with the serial numbers facing up.
- Using a Phillips #1 screwdriver, remove the ten 12 mm screws from the back panel.
- Snap seal does not need much pressure to open, and can be damaged if forced. Be gentle with the opener.
- Bend the sharp edge of the plastic opening into the seam between the back panel and the rest of the laptop, then gently pry the panel upward.
- There will be a snapping sound when you remove the back panel, but it's just a loose seal.
- Continue to open the seal by sliding the plastic opener around the laptop under the seam until the rear panel is free.
- Once you've solved all the seals, lift the panel carefully.
Step 3 Hard Drive
Using Phillips # 1 screwdriver, remove the four 4 mm screws that hold the hard drive.
- Pull the hard drive directly from the fan just above it.
- Connector pins should be easy to slide, but you may have to move the hard drive a bit to loosen the pins.